Found! Thank you for all your interest in this position. The vacancy has now been filled.
We are now actively searching for a new member of the #HubLife Team, a talented soul to come support us in our work here at The Bowthorpe Community Hub. Think you have what it takes to join a dynamic social enterprise? Then apply within
Our beloved Duchess is leaving us! Our vital link betwixt office and frontline services is moving on to pastures anew and we are beyond consoling. However, the show must go on and to continue delivering our unique brand of social value we need to find an experienced, commercially minded office administrator to come and help keep us organised.
The job is part-time (8am – 1pm / Mon to Fri), circa 18,000 (pro rata), pension contribution / holiday and is based at our Bowthorpe Hub NR5.
Please see job description below for more details.
Mow & Grow has been delivering garden clearance, maintenance and basic property services to Local Authorities, Registered Social Landlords, private and commercial customers since 2006. The Grow Organisation is committed to serving the local community and those brave souls who protect all of our communities such as armed forces and bluelight services personnel and veterans.
Key Objectives related to this role:
• Delivering the highest possible quality outcomes
• Working together to ensure smooth delivery of services
• Staying responsive to our customer needs, today and in the future
• Being committed to protecting our unique brand value and ethos
• Nurturing a positive, ethical supplier community and support network.
If this post appeals to you please apply to email@example.com with CV and covering letter explaining why it appeals and what experience you would bring to the job.
Closing date for applications Friday 8 February 2019.
This post includes working with vulnerable and disabled people therefore, it is a requirement for an enhanced DBS check to be carried out. Mow & Grow support the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and are an equal opportunities employer.
References will be sought prior to starting work and this role requires you to have the right to work in the UK.
The Mow & Grow Administrator is a business-critical customer-facing role and a vital operational support mechanism for both Gardeners and Management. Key responsibilities include providing excellent customer service, offering support to staff and volunteers, assisting in bids, quotes and contracts, and supporting the quality and consistency of services throughout Norfolk and Suffolk.
We require an organized, honest, flexible and reliable individual with a strong desire to serve the community. You will need up to date I.T. skills, strong interpersonal skills, a head for figures and experience of working in a demanding environment, along with ability and sensitivity to relate to our customers and projects so as to help resolve problems that may arise.
This role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
• To ensure general front office cover is provided, with strong emphasis on customer care and providing staff and volunteer support; responding to enquiries (via telephone / email) promptly and appropriately
• Reviewing and accurately updating company customer databases
• Production of contract and private work schedules for Gardeners
• Scheduling of daily / weekly tasks, balancing of workload / commitments
• Helping to keep in good working order all company property
• Ensure a consistent commitment to Health and Safety, including collaboration on Health & Safety and Risk Assessment records and reports
• Communicate / report internally on the above as required, in an effective manner
• Provide ad hoc functional support to the Grow Organisation on; HR matters, including collating hours / work sheets for payroll
• Support Gardeners / CEO with preparation, sending out and follow up of quotes
• Providing ad hoc management reports to support business performance improvement
• Assist with recruitment administration for staff and volunteers, their induction and training
• Feedback to the business on customer / team problems, as they arise
• Work to targets / learning objectives as set by the business.
• Intermediate level user of computer software: Word / Excel / SAGE
• Financial management; petty cash / supplier payments
• Able to manage pressure and conflicting demands
• Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
• A pleasant, confident telephone manner
• Communication – esp. interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Day to day managing of customer, volunteer and team expectations
• Be organised and confident in using your own initiative
• Able to work unsupervised when necessary
• Navigating basic IT systems and databases
• Experience with invoicing and credit control
• Basic banking, filing and office management procedures
• Company policies and procedures
• Basic project management insight
• Commercial awareness, esp. balancing needs of customer with that of the business.
• A working understanding of our customer group
• Level 3 Administration or sim. relevant subject
• Min. 2 years experience in a relevant field.
• Passion (to make a difference)
• Vision (to recognise potential)
• Purpose (to make it happen).