Five Ways to Wellbeing
People tell us that the service we provide is quite often no less than a lifeline. Just a friendly face, a cup of tea and a safe and relaxed environment can often be the incentive those feeling isolated need to break the cycle of loneliness. The Five Ways to Wellbeing is embedded in all that we do and our focus is on the individual and their progress for improved mental health and wellbeing.
We operate a prevention and recovery peer support model, welcome individuals who feel ready to progress and are able to work both independently and as part of a group. We specialise in working with individuals facing multiple barriers to social inclusion such as physical and mental health issues including ptsd, drug and alcohol abuse and social isolation. By putting people first we can achieve a better, safer and more secure future, improve education and employment prospects, enable people of all ages and walks of life to live independently and help create positive and sustainable social change.
If you’re ready to make a change and want to give yourself some positive DO’s instead of negative DON’T’s, come along to the Grow Hub and start your 5 Ways to Wellbeing.
- Connect – talk to someone new at the Hub. Join a group, take part in our activities. Stay an hour or the whole day, reach out
- Be Active – get outdoors and get stuck in practical tasks such as gardening, nature crafts or Tai Chi sessions
- Take Notice – connect your senses, become aware of being in the present. Sit in Dingley Dell and listen to the birds, see if you can spot the deer and fox
- Keep Learning – try a new skill, make a hedgehog house or bug hotel, have a go with nature arts and crafts
- Give – get involved with the Grow Hub, give a little time and help others
Experience has taught us that you can’t treat an individual or a problem in isolation; you have to look at the wider picture. Our approach is geared towards tacking the roots of issues, learning how to identify strengths and develop personal goals enabling people to live independent lives.
Together We Grow Stronger
Pop in to find out more, email email@example.com
OR call us on 01603 740107