Social Enterprise – a business that operates for social good
Based at Bowthorpe Community Hub we are a not for profit social enterprise with mental health prevention and recovery at heart. People tell us that the service we provide is quite often no less than a lifeline. Just a friendly face, a cup of tea and a safe, relaxed environment can often be the incentive those feeling isolated need to break the cycle of loneliness. We work with all members of our community to include Ex-Armed Forces and emergency services personnel; reconnecting people with nature, nutrition and creativity using the 5 Ways to Wellbeing and bringing about a renewed sense of purpose.
We have two main strands to our work:
- The Grow Hub provides skills-based activities such as gardening, woodwork, conservation and nature arts and crafts. We also operate a weekly Thursday veterans drop-in and a weekly Friday social group, both run entirely by volunteers
- Mow delivers garden clearance, ad hoc and ongoing maintenance, grass and hedge cutting, fencing, paving and soft landscaping services to residential and business customers. Every penny you spend with Mow goes directly towards keeping activities and drop-in sessions open at the Hub so you’re helping us to reinvest for social good
Our Hub is 4.5 miles from Norwich City Centre, is easily accessible by road and on a main bus route. Our ethos is simple – we are a Forces Friendly, ethical employer with a focus on the positive changes we can make to ourselves, our environment and our community.
- Passion to make a difference
- Vision to recognise potential
- Purpose to make it happen
We operate a prevention and recovery peer support model, welcome individuals who feel ready to progress and are able to work both independently and as part of a group. We do not provide welfare services in-house but will signpost to relevant partner agencies. Please note our service is not for crisis or emergency situations. If you feel you are in crisis, experiencing feelings of despair or are suicidal, dial 999, contact the Samaritans on 116 123 or call your GP.
Walking our Talk as a Social Business
To find out more call 01603 740107
or email: email@example.com