Taking Mow and Grow to the next level
Mow and Grow is a thriving social enterprise in Bowthorpe, Norwich which is growing in stature and constantly developing new possibilities to assist people to live independent lives.
The Mow gardening business employs people to work in the community, helping those who would otherwise struggle to stay in their own homes to keep their gardens under control. The Grow activities based at the Hub provide opportunities for people to improve their health and well being, often in partnership with like-minded delivery partners to create strong, forward thinking and sustainable communities.
This is an ambitious enterprise with plans to significantly increase turnover over the next two years.
There is a vibrant, weekly, dementia friendly café at the Hub with a growing number of regular customers taking part in a UEA research project for Mobile Me. A sensory garden is at the drawing board stage. Discussions are underway for a number of potential partnerships to widen the service provision at the Hub. Back to Basics and healthy lifestyle courses have been run for DWP with more planned to tackle the growing mental health crisis via funded and commissioned models.
August saw the first Bowthorpe Festival to raise the Mow and Grow profile. It drew in 180 people – including the Lord Mayor of Norwich – to enjoy bush craft, herbal walks, face painting and much more. Over £300 was raised for the sensory garden project.
In order to bring these plans to fruition Mow and Grow needs interim help in the form of
- a Mow Operations and Commercial Manager
- a Grow Partnership Manager
Working closely with the CEO to bring the strategy to life, both roles require sizable part time availability for an initial period of around three-six months. They are pro bono opportunities to help this important local enterprise help others.
The main objectives for these roles
Mow Operations and Commercial Manager
- Establish the range of contracts for the gardening business that will support the growth plans for the next two years
- Work with the two senior team leaders in establishing the commercial details of each contract
- Develop the recruitment strategy needed to deliver the contracts, in line with the philosophy of the organisation
- Establish the timing and requirement for the on-going role as the basis for recruiting your successor
This role will require horticulture/ green waste knowledge and experience.
The Mow business already has support from an administrator, who would work closely with the manager.
Grow Partnership Manager
- Develop existing partnership possibilities for programmes of Grow activity to form working partnership agreements and delivery plans
- Develop the bids, in collaboration with partners, that secure the funding for these programmes
- Work with the CEO to identify other potential partnership opportunities
- Establish the timing and requirement for the on-going role as the basis for recruiting your successor and support roles
It is envisaged that the Grow portfolio of activities will need delivery and administrative support in the future.
Interested in finding out more?
Please email through an expression of interest with detail of background and experience to Alex Cosgrove: email@example.com