Because we believe we have to address our mental, physical and financial health in order to be truly healthy. It’s more than getting physical exercise; it’s about learning how to shop wisely and eating the right foods. It’s about building routine and confidence, socialising, and knowing how and where to prioritise our money. It’s about whole body wellness.
Activities are for:
- Anyone not in education, employment or training
- People in receipt of direct payments
- Veterans with PTSD
- People experiencing stress, anxiety, depression, mental health issues
- Older people
- Individuals with learning difficulties, mental and/or physical health challenges
We operate Monday to Thursday and offer nature and nutrition activities from our 2 acre site in Bowthorpe, Norwich. We encourage participation at least once a week for 12 weeks to ensure maximum benefit but don’t take our word for it – Do have a look at previous participant feedback here.
Gardening based wellbeing activities delivered at a client-led pace. Grow Roots is an outdoor based programme designed to improve co-ordination and confidence, teach new skills, widen social circles, reduce stress and improve sleep through physical activity and fresh air.
- Rolling programme allowing individuals to access and learn at their own pace
- College and/or employment progression routes
- Alternative progression route available via Back to Basics
- Access to therapist and support staff
“It made a massive change for me to be outside and socialising with a group of people I’ve never met before.”
“I think doing this has helped with my confidence and anxiety”
Back to Basics
High-impact, 12 week outdoor and nutrition based activity programme designed to increase mental and physical health and prepare attendees for employment progression. B2B combines outdoor activity, growing own produce, healthy eating, Maths and English, basic finance and budgeting.
- Improved mental and physical and financial health
- Increased self confidence and motivation
- Professional work experience and interview techniques
- Establishing routines, punctuality and accountability
- Learning to avoid debt and smart shopping
- Progression towards employment
Back to Basics 9.30am – 3.30pm. Lunch is provided
Physical activity is required and our site is uneven in places. Individuals will need to be able to walk unaided. Care and support workers are welcome to attend.